- Stewardship 2018 – Overview
- Stewardship 2018 – Questions and Answers
- Stewardship Supper/Brunch Signup
On This Page:
- Options for Submitting Your Pledge
- Online Pledge Form
- Paper Pledge Form
- UUA Fair Share Guidelines
- ACH Form for Automatic Pledge Payments
You can submit your pledge for UUCC’s 2018-19 fiscal year by:
- Using the online pledge form below.
- Submitting a paper pledge card – the card is available at church and below.
Before you submit your pledge, please consider the UUA Fair Share Guidelines below.
If you would like to set up automatic monthly payments of your pledge from your checking account, please complete the ACH form below.
Please complete the following form to submit your online pledge. Be sure to click the SUBMIT PLEDGE button when you’re done. After you click the button, you will be sent to a thank-you page, and you will receive an email confirming your pledge submission.
Important: Your pledge submission will not be complete until you click the SUBMIT PLEDGE button to the left.
Our 2018-19 pledge form looks like this:
Paper pledge cards are available at the Stewardship Table in the Greeting Area at church – or here as a PDF file.
Here are five easy ways to submit your paper pledge card:
- Give your completed pledge card to one of the stewards at the Stewardship Table in the Greeting Area.
- Mail your pledge card to the attention of the Church Administrator, Unitarian Universalist Church, 2615 Shepard Blvd., Columbia, MO 65201.
- Deliver your pledge card to the church office.
- Place your pledge card in the collection plate at a worship service.
- Scan your pledge card and email it to the church administrator.
When deciding your financial commitment to UUCC, please consider your UU values. Together and individually, we are responsible for supporting our church and our movement. To use the guidelines in the table above:
- Determine your monthly income or resource level.
- Add any unusual or periodic income you expect.
- Subtract any extraordinary expenses you expect.
- From the Adjusted Monthly Income column, move to the right to find a giving level you are ready to support.
Background of Fair Share Guidelines
The UUA Fair Share Guidelines originated with the Henry David Thoreau Unitarian Universalist Congregation in Stafford, Texas and were subsequently adapted by the UUA as a helpful resource for all of us. The guidelines are a valuable resource for two reasons:
- They provide a range of practical gift levels for the individual or household making a pledge to consider.
- They serve as a social justice tool, in that they recognize people have varying capacities to give, based on their resources and other financial responsibilities, while providing recognition for giving at various levels.
The financial commitment levels in the guidelines are suggestions, with a starting point of 2% of adjusted income for congregants earning up to $1,000 per month. At the other end of the spectrum, the guidelines suggest a full 10% commitment of adjusted income, regardless of a congregant’s income level. Each of us has to make our own decisions about the right level of financial commitment to make, and the guidelines are an excellent first step in making that decision, every time we make it.
Some people may find it necessary to first make a commitment to move toward their suggested financial Fair Share goal over time. It might be a three-year process or even a five-year process for some of us, but we can start the journey today.
Moving toward a Fair Share financial commitment, whether quickly or in a steady, intentional way is a welcome process that builds community and instills a spirit of personal stewardship. It reminds us all that this is our congregation and our UU movement and that our pledges help accomplish our mutual goals.
If you would like to pay your pledge by having a monthly amount automatically deducted from your checking account using the Automated Clearing House (ACH) system, please complete this PDF form and give it to Church Administrator Kathie Bergman by:
- Scanning and emailing the form, or
- Delivering the form to the church office, or
- Mailing the form to Church Administrator, Unitarian Universalist Church, 2615 Shepard Blvd., Columbia, MO 65201-6132.
Paper copies of the form also are available in the administrative wing of the church across from the minister’s office.