[Adopted Dec. 19, 2012; amended July 26, 2014]
Article 5, Section 13 of the bylaws states: “The board may adopt a policy designating three or more officers to constitute an Executive Committee, which may exercise, to the extent provided in the policy, all of the authority of the board. The Executive Committee is subject to the general supervision and control of the board and shall report all of its decisions and actions to the board at the next board meeting; unless the board overrules an Executive Committee decision or action, the decision or action shall stand. Members of the Executive Committee may be removed and new members appointed at any time by a majority of the board. The designation of the Executive Committee and the delegation of authority to the Executive Committee does not relieve the board from any responsibility imposed by law.”
In accordance with this bylaws provision, the Board hereby resolves that the membership and authority of the Executive Committee shall be as follows:
1. The voting members of the Executive Committee shall be the President, President-Elect, Secretary and Treasurer. The Minister shall be an ex officio, non-voting member of the Executive Committee.
2. If circumstances require a prompt decision on any matter within the Board’s authority at a time when a quorum of the Board cannot be readily assembled, the Executive Committee shall have the authority to make the decision, subject to the restrictions set forth in paragraph 4 below.
3. The Executive Committee also shall have the authority to decide any matter delegated to it by the Board. Unless otherwise provided in the Board resolution delegating the matter, the Executive Committee’s decision shall be subject to the restrictions set forth in paragraph 4 below.
4. The Executive Committee’s decisions pursuant to paragraphs 2 and 3 above shall be subject to the following restrictions, except as otherwise provided in a Board resolution delegating a matter to the Executive Committee pursuant to paragraph 3:
a. The decision shall not change or contradict the vision, mission or strategic plan of the church.
b. The decision shall not commit the church to expenditure of more than $2,000.
5. The Executive Committee shall meet as necessary to exercise the authority granted herein.
6. The Executive Committee shall report any decisions made by the committee at the next regular Board meeting. Any decision reported to the Board shall be deemed ratified by the Board unless the decision is reversed or modified by the Board.