On the Sunday after Thanksgiving, members and friends participated in our second annual Intergenerational All-Church Service Sunday. After a short worship service, congregants chose one of six service projects on- or off-site:
- Anti-Racism: On-site letter-writing table regarding a scheduled January execution in Missouri as well as online petitions against the death penalty.
- Economic Justice: On-site cookie baking to freeze for Room at the Inn guests when UUCC serves as host.
- LGBTQ: Odd jobs and chores at The Center Project.
- Economic Justice: Odd jobs and chores at Lois Bryant House and St. Francis House.
- Family-Friendly: Trash pick-up on the blocks surrounding St. Francis House and Loaves and Fishes.
- Family-Friendly: Humane Society visit to walk dogs.
At noon participants gathered back together at the church for reflection and a potluck lunch.
Photos in the gallery below watermarked © 2016 Ansar Actograph were provided by Andrew Twaddle. The other photos were provided by Steve Scott and Janice Smith. Click any photo to view a larger version.