Twice each month our offerings are designated as Faith-to-Action Collections for specific causes and groups. All cash, as well as checks not designated for some other purpose, are given to the designated recipient of such collections, which are a project of our Social Action Team.
The Social Action Team is now accepting nominations for Faith-to-Action Collection recipients for the 2017-2018 church year and and will begin reviewing applications Oct. 22.
Nominations can be made online by clicking the button below. However, if you prefer, you can obtain a paper form from the Church administrator, Kathie Bergman.
Nominees can be local, regional, national, or international programs, agencies, organizations or efforts that align with our church mission and vision. Priority will be given to organizations with which UUCC members and friends and the church as a whole have an involvement and that have a high urgency of need.
Here is what we collected during the 2016-17 program year and so far in the 2017-18 program year:
- August 2016: UU Flood Relief – $1,057.69
- September 2016: Festival of Sharing – $1,107.20
- October 2016: The Center Project – $1,035.00
- November 2016: Columbia Center for Urban Agriculture – $944.70.
- December 2016: Loaves and Fishes – $1,068.01
- January 2017: Missourians for Alternatives to the Death Penalty – $1,636.07
- February 2017: Race Matters, Friends – $1,220.75
- March 2017: Honduras Ministry – $960.32
- April 2017: Unitarian Universalist Service Committee – $1,517.00
- May 2017: Mid-Missouri Pride Coalition – $728.00
- June 2017: Black Lives of UU – $474.00
- July 2017: Refugee and Immigration Services – $422.00
- August 2017: Red Cross-Hurricane Relief – $430.54
- September 2017: Festival of Sharing – $534.00
- October 2017: UUCC Honduras Ministry – $1,397.00