To help reduce our personal use of raw materials and energy, we are compiling a list of sources for all kinds of second-hand items. Watch for this list on the GS bulletin board and social media.
Our Stream Team is up and running! If you would like to participate in one of our water quality monitoring days, join us on March 10 and/or Sept. 29 for full monitoring events, and/or June 16 for stream chemistry. Contact Peter Holmes for more information. All monitoring events will begin at 1:30 p.m.
Watch for our “Got Skills?” workshops, based on our six focus areas, coming on the second Saturday of alternate months, from 10 to 11:30 a.m. These are designed to involve all ages in a fun learning experience. Details to come, but the general outline is:
- Feb. 10: Engagement (contacting your elected officials)
- April 14: Transportation (bike skills)
- June 9: Being in Nature (camping skills)
- Aug. 11: Place-Making (TBA)
- Oct. 13: Food (knife skills)
- Dec. 8: Materials and Energy (TBA)
All are welcome at Green Sanctuary meetings. Our meetings are scheduled on the second Tuesday of the month. Contact Ellen Thomas for more information.