Does Your Family Like to Hike?
We are starting a new monthly event at UUCC, a hike for all ages. The purpose of the hikes is to strengthen our connection to nature while also strengthening our connection to each other and building our community.
We will have two different hikes scheduled each month, to accommodate our different schedules and needs.
- One hike will take place on the third Sunday of the month (for May, that will be May 21). We will meet at the church at 1:45 p.m. and then head over to Grindstone Nature Area (on Old Hwy. 63) at 2 p.m. We will hike the same trail each month, learning to become attuned to the changes and cycles that are occurring. The hike is approximately two miles in length, with a creek at which we will stop for a while to rest and play at the halfway point. Most of the hike is fairly moderate, but there is one 50-meter stretch that is fairly steep.
- The second hike will take place on the fourth Monday of the month (May 22), meeting at the church at 9:45 a.m. and leaving for Grindstone Nature Area at 10 a.m. The hike is approximately 0.5 miles, with two stops for creek play. The hike is fairly moderate, with a few small hills. There is a very shallow creek that we will cross, so wearing shoes that can get wet is advisable.
May Hike Dates:
- May 21, meet in UUCC Parking Lot at 1:45 p.m., drive to Grindstone Nature Area at 2 p.m.
- May 22, meet in UUCC Parking Lot at 9:45 a.m., drive to Grindstone Nature Area at 10 a.m.
– Jamila Batchelder, Director of Religious Education